Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20, 2010
1
A short post, just because I can.

I seem to be getting some emails from:
* WoWaccountAdmin@blizzard.com - mxykenneth@hotmail.com
* X-Originating-IP: [222.231.60.129] (Korea)

And:
* wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com - pagarzz@hotmail.com
* X-Originating-IP: [119.114.101.14] (China)

Feel free to abuse the above information in any way you see fit.


They wish to inform me of the following

Greetings!
This is an automated notification regarding the recent change(s)
made to your World of Warcraft account. Your password has recently been modified through the Password Recovery website.


Well, the "automated" part is probably correct, the link they give to said website however, points to some url that only vaguely resembles a blizzard site. Seriously, if anyone is stupid enough to fall for crap like that, you probably deserve it.

Also, since the originating email address seems to be hotmail, (check the full mail header when you get one of these) you can forward said email to abuse@hotmail.com and they should get deleted. Sadly such addresses are generally free/temporary addresses, but still. Quite silly.

It's about time Blizzard made those security tokens mandatory, and ship them for free with the Cataclysm box or something. That should make life a good bit harder for those scammers.


See?

Quick update from hotmail:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Windows Live Hotmail Compliance Support. I am Victor and I gather that you are encountering an issue with your account. I understand how important it is for your concern to be addressed immediately and I am here to give you the most consistent resolution for your concern.

I have closed the account that you reported, in accordance with our Terms of Use (TOU).



Alts!!!

Also, I'm currently working on my fifth level 80 character.
He's currently Level 79.77 so, coming up soon :P
*Pets his snake* (Not like that you pervs! It's a hunter...)

1 comments:

Mia said...

ROFL! That seriously got me laughing just because that's exactly my first thought.

"*Pets his snake* (Not like that you pervs! It's a hunter...)"