Sunday, October 03, 2010

October 03, 2010
1
With Cataclysm still a month or two away, and Diablo 3 at least a year more... I figure I'd try having a poke at another old game I used to play. Namely, Diablo 2. Yeah it's old, about 10 years or more, and it's at LEAST 7 or 8 years since I've last actually played it. But heck. It's a time waster for a bit. I'll start from the beginning. I've played D2-LoD for about 2-3 years, after that 2 years of UO (As a certain reader might remember), and then about 5 years of WoW. I quit because, well, it was time to try something else. The general attitude of the community (or lack thereof) was poor, at least half the players were using bots to farm, trade channel was a spammy nightmare, and most my friends had quit already. That was during patch 1.11 Now, there's been a patch 1.12 and 1.13 since then. Some new "content" for the high end players, some buffs, some nerfs, a respec option and some new runewords. Ladder has reset a week or few ago so the economy is fairly blank. However, the bots. Yeah... Where to begin. In short, you do not want to create a game that allows level 1 characters to join. Within 5 minutes you'll have had 10 spambots join it, and basically FLOOD your screen with crap. Yet still players make games that allow lvl 1 characters to join... Oh the pain. On another note, the trade channel is completely dead. You'd be lucky to find a single person in there, and even then it's probably a bot that'll whisper you it's scam site url. Player activity is understandably low as well. And, all my old characters (not to mention accounts) are all gone. The game has no achievements, no connection to your regular battle.net account, barely any other players who care for anything other than their own greedy fingers. So why am I even bothering? Well, I don't know. Nostalgia if anything. See the new changes, try something "other" than wow for a bit, before jumping into Cataclysm again. Or to get into the diablo "theme" a bit in order to dampen the ever rising urge to play Diablo 3. Either way, let me know if you play on the Battle.net EU realm. I could use some people to talk to :P Finally sold! Remember that Camera? Well, I finally sold it :P 40 euros, about half it's market value. Not bad at all. And good riddance to the thing.

1 comments:

Gor said...

at least you didn't get your hand busted open by a gang of thugs


http://www.vancouvernewsblog.com/2010/10/westside-warcraft-baton-beating.html