So, it turns out everything that was posted on MMOC before turned out true.
Indeed, Goblins as well as Worgen.
This is sorta reprocessing news as it happens, but MMOC is being besieged by about 16000 visitors at the moment and the site is straining to load. Give it a try, but don't say I didn't warn you.
Now then, in summary I'll tell you the short version, then you don't need to fly through pages long of stuff.
Deathwing is the cause, not Queen Azshara. Quite interesting that. And he looks omfg badass (see his face in the topright of this post). More artwork here. This will make an awesome wallpaper :)
Worgen and Goblins, as stated a few days ago will probably get the following classes:
* Worgen: Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Warlock
* Goblin: Mage, Paladin, Priest
Which proved to be somewhat inaccurate.
The actual classes are: (linky)
* Worgen: Deathknight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Priest(wtf), Rogue, Warlock, Warrior.
* Goblin: Deathknight, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior.
One screenshot showed an Orc wearing Tattoos. Let's hope that's a bonus customization feature.
Worgen look closer to furries than actual "worgen". It'll take some getting used to no doubt.
Possibly the Goblin mount link. See the official image.
Enough on the artwork...
Level Cap Increased to 85. Still obviously only 1 skill point be level. Talent trees won't be extended, you will just get those 5 more talent points.
* The Path of the Titans will let players follow a path (not restricted to classes), this is a new talent system with new skills and passive abilities.
* A mastery system is being added as well, a lot of talents will be reworked to be more fun. The point is to get rid of a lot of the talent skills and not make you spend all your points in a talent tree just because it gives you more damage or higher crit chance.
Classic Zones Remade: Familiar zones across the original continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms have been altered forever and updated with new content, from the devastated Badlands to the broken Barrens, which has been sundered in two. Every single zone in old Azeroth is remade, remodeled and revamped to be smooth and improved.
You will be able to use Flying mounts in all the "old" zones.
New High-Level Zones: Uldum, Grim Batol, and the great Sunken City of Vashj'ir beneath the sea.
Guild Advancement: Progress as a guild to earn guild levels and guild achievements. This one is, at least, finally something to really work for "as a guild" instead of as an individual.
* 20 guild levels. Can level by doing what you normally do: raids, dailies, battlegrounds.
* Levels unlock perks: guild talent tree. (wtf)
* Cheaper repairs, less durability loss on wipes used as examples.
* Mass resurrection (guild-wide res)
Archeology. The new profession. Master a new secondary profession to unearth valuable artifacts and earn unique rewards. Whatever that means... More info on that later no doubt.
There will be NO hero class in this expansion. So, probably the next one ;)
Some graphical enhancements will be made, specifically to water rendering. If your computer was running vanilla wow smoothly, not so smooth in TBC, and struggling in WotLK it's high time you improve your setup. The game isn't going to be a smooth ride if your hardware is already struggling. (/nudge a certain druid)
The Barrens are split in half and become two zones rather than one.
More on Lore
Such as things are with phasing, you might see the world affected in the near future by your own hand and choices. Thrall was "hinted" as having a role to play in tirisfal, while garrosh might have an eye on taking over / starting a new horde.
Several storylines are left open and will most likely be explored further in the Cataclysm.
Also see here.
* Azeroth is now flyable. Pretty much all the zones will be changed to some extent, some of them like Elwynn Forest won't change too much but others like The Barrens will be sundered in two by Deathwing.
* The Wailing Caverns are now a lush and verdant Area.
* Desolace now has a lot more waters and a lot of plants can be seen in the screenshots.
* The Horde finally conquered Southshore.
* Auberdine was destroyed and the night elves have set up a new camp north of it. Garrosh wants to expand the horde and has built a fortified camp at the south of the zone.
* Stonetalon has been cleaned by the Goblins, Azshara will be the new Goblin zone, and are using quarries in the mountains of Azshara to build their town.
* We all left a little part of ourselves in Northrend and the old world will be much darker than it was to make heroism and brotherhood more meaningful like Warcraft should be.
* Every zones will be revamped with new quests, items, and art. The old world will be a brand new experience and you won't have to deal with the annoying agility/spirit quest rewards anymore.
* 7 new zones will be added : Twilight Highlands, Mount Hyjal, Deepholm, Uldum, Gilneas, The Lost Isles, Sunken City of Vash'jir.
* The Worgens and Goblins starting zone level goes from 1 to 15.
* Sunken City of Vashj'ir will be an underwater zone and was the home city of Lady Vashj before the original sundering, this is a gateway to the Abyssal Maw. Going through the Abyssal Maw will take you to the Elemental Plane of Water, even if the zone will be underwater you will be walking on the sea floor here, new underwater mounts will be available and should have the same speed as normal flying mounts.
* Deepholm will be the new hub of the expansion, you will have portals here to let you teleport to Hyjal, Uldum, etc ... The Twilight's Hammer now serves Deathwing and have brought him back to full health in the Temple of Earth at the center of the map.
* Uldum will have at least two dungeons and is heavily inspired from Egypt. The sea at the west of Tanaris was just an illusion created by the Titan and Uldum is actually a brand new zone. It is rumored to hold a super weapon. Uldum is also the home of the Tolvir, a race of stone-like cats created by the titans.
* Ragnaros used the cataclysm to come back from the Plane of Fire where we sent him and his now sieging the World Tree in Mount Hyjal to burn it down. Malfurion is back from the Emerald Dream. The whole zone (Hyjal) will make extensive use of phasing.
* Twilight Highlands will feature Grim Batol,
* Apparently Orgrimmar will be rebuilt and reinforced with steel, it now looks a lot like Garrosh strongholds...
* Undercity has been redesigned to be flyable, it now looks much more impressive from the outside.
* Deepholm isn't really connected to Azeroth, the connection is where Deathwing
* The Twilight Highlands will feature Grim Batol, Deathwing literally broke open Grim Batol as he emerged from the ground. This is the new Twilight's Hammer base in Azeroth and both Horde and Alliance will have a new port town with boats here. The Red Dragonflight is still here but has been pushed back to the west of the zone near the Wetlands.
* The Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep will be back in a brand new level 85 heroic version.
* Blackrock Caverns will be a new level-up dungeon located in Blackrock Spire. This is an entirely new dungeon, new art, new creatures, new everything.
* Phasing can now add and remove terrain based on your progress. Coasts will be progressively more flooded depending on how far you are in a storyline for example.
See the trailer video on youtube here for the high quality version.
Official Blizzard HD trailer at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/media/.
Blizzcon World of Warcraft info panel.
Info trailer 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2f6sEqL54M
Info trailer 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iffbyoq8JxU
Info trailer 3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imhM6RxHSCo
Info trailer 4 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b33PLxl-ESA
Info trailer 5 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84VJi2JdSyo
Info trailer 6 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WacdPQnA7g
Part 7, 8, 9 and 10 are also there, just check the link on the youtube page.
New class "the monk". See blizzard's site.
One player asked what the 5th class would be, and whether they'd consider the amazon/rogue. They said they'd answer that "next year". So diablo 3 won't be released for another year at least. /sad puppy.
- Other Recent Posts
- December (1)
- November (1)
- September (1)
- August (30)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- December (4)
- November (2)
- October (6)
- September (2)
- August (2)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (1)
- March (1)
- February (3)
- December (2)
- November (1)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (4)
- April (3)
- March (2)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (4)
- September (4)
- August (9)
- July (4)
- June (9)
- May (5)
- April (10)
- March (8)
- February (4)
- January (6)
- December (4)
- November (7)
- October (10)
- September (13)
- August (20)
- July (17)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (13)
- March (13)
- February (23)
- January (26)