Just a quick heads up. RPG Maker MV's minimum system requirements state:
- OS: WindowsR 7/8/8.1/10 (32bit/64bit) or Mac OS X 10.10 or better
- CPU: Intel Core2 Duo or better
- RAM: 2GB or more
- HDD: Installation needs over 2GB
- Graphics: Compatible OpenGLR
- Display: 1280x768 or better
But,. I'm running Windows Vista x64 here, and it seems to be running just fine so far.
So much for minimum system requirements.
If you're still using VX Ace (because it was available through Humble Bundle for onlly 1$) then don't miss out on these resource links from earlier.
I'll play around with MV and update the tutorials posted earlier if needed.
- Resource manager is gone. You can simply add/remove project related files in the project folder using windows explorer, just like most people did before.
- Tile resolution went up from 32x32 to 48x48
- Projects can be exported to Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android and HTML5
- There's now a mac version, obviously since you can export to iOS you will need a mac.
- Projects should run better on most computers as they can no use both your CPU and GPU instead of being CPU focused. OpenGL is for shaders, etc.
- Improved Character Generator, now with previews of all elements.
- Mouse Support/pathfinding
- 3-layer Mapping as depicted on the official site
- Side-view battle option built-in (no longer need a script for that)
- Regions can be painted/filled
- Plug-ins (customization, calls)
This video will explain everything in detail:
Have a quick peek at this forum, you'll want to look at these things for starts:
- VX Ace project converter. It is possible to convert your old project, but keep in mind that MV uses a bigger tileset - so converted projects will need their graphics checked.
- Default database is bare bones, if you want a full one get the link there.
- Lag when using animating tiles. This is fixed in 1.0.1
- Update to 1.0.1 at the least, or newer if available.
Sunday, December 13, 2015
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment