Friday, March 18, 2016

March 18, 2016
So my good Steam friend tstki asked me to be a guest on his blog and write *something*. He said, anything would be fine... I still didn't have a clue what to write about.. and then he said he liked cooking. Well, I love cooking, so I decided to share one of my favorite recipes, "Spicy Soup with Minced Meat".

Ingredients:
For 4 persons


  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 500 g minced meat, half pork half beef (I used lean ground beef, not a fan of pork)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 onion, chopped (I used 2 shallots instead)
  • 1 celery stalk, in slices
  • 1 red or green bell pepper, without seeds, in pieces
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
  • 400 g canned diced tomatoes
  • 3 tbsp tomato paste
  • 4.5 dl chicken or beef stock
  • 1/8 tsp ground coriander (I used about 1/2 tsp)
  • 1/8 tsp ground cumin (I used about 1/2 tsp)
  • 1/4 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp chilipowder, or to taste
  • chopped fresh coriander or parsley, to garnish
  • sour cream

Heat the oil on middle heat in a large pan. Add the minced meat, add salt and pepper, and fry the minced meat. Turn down the heat and add the onions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic.
Put the lid on the pan and let everything stew for about 5 minutes, until the onion is soft. Stir once in a while.

Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and stock. After, add the coriander, cumin, oregano, and chili powder. Stir well.

Raise the heat until everything is just about to boil, put the fire on low, put the lid on the pan and let the soup cook slowly for 30-40 minutes until all vegetables are very soft. Taste the soup and season it if necessary with salt and pepper. Add more chili powder if you like spicy.

Ladle the soup into preheated bowls and sprinkle the fresh coriander or parsley over it. Add the sour cream on the side, or scoop a spoonful into each bowl.

Eet smakelijk!

0 comments: