Whewwwww, that took a while. But i've learned a lot about css while doing so. Indeed the blog's gotten a slightly newer look. If you've been keeping an eye on the test blog you'd have noticed some stuff jumping around these last two days.
OK, it's not that much different on the outside, but it's got quite a few changes under the hood.
It's mostly CSS changes and cleanup. As some of you blogger users know, blogger has a skin with CDATA, in which it stores all it's style data. This data is then loaded on each "and every single page" that you load. By moving this data to an external file you cut down a good chunk of traffic when browsing multiple articles.
* External CSS file (which can be cached) for faster page loading speed.
* Added a shoutbox! Or whatever, i'll stick something in there.
* The poll numbers are readable OMG!
* The poll background bars are not..... doh! Just deal with it. ok?
* Spacing between all the boxes has been fixed. It's no longer the shaggy "something between 5-10 pixels" that it was before, but a fixed size everywhere.
* Box roundings are more stable. Previously they were causing some ghosting issues.
* Changed some of the images from an external (unreliable) site to my own pages.google
* Lead line on the left. For looks.
* More space for text due to tighter margins.
* Easier (for me) to add extra boxes if i wished to do so.
* Still using tables, and will continue to do so until somebody can show me a way to do this with divs only. (unlikely)
* Blog still loads in a single go, which may seem strange to some. But it's faster than it was before.
* Blue frame around header image removed.
If you're interested in using this template for your own blog, just drop me a line.
So, what do you think? Was it worth the effort?
Also sold some auctions, and I'm finally on 30K gold!